Have you considered what will happen to your property and personal belongings when you die? A Will lets you decide what happens to your money, property and belongings after your death. If you do not make a Will then your estate will pass in accordance with statutory rules called the rules of intestacy. Who will…
Wills and Probate
Here at Versus Law our expert solicitors in Manchester can help you through every aspect of probate and estate administration, providing you with a tailored service that meticulously allocates your assets to desired parties, whilst ensuring that all requests are efficiently executed.
One of the most well-regarded wills and probate solicitors in Manchester, we have a breadth of experience, covering wills, probate, tax and trust obligations and legalities – which means our clients receive a complete service.
Our primary motivator is to make sure that the wishes or the departed are carried out respectfully – and in accordance with the law. From the creation or update of a legally binding Will to protecting your or a loved one’s assets, we can help you with the unique challenges that Will’s and probate represent.
Why Is Drawing Up a Will Important?
A Will safeguards those left behind. Without clear instruction on how you wish your estate to be divided, your spouse, partner or children can face both financial and sentimental challenges. Possessions intended for a spouse, partner or child can be challenged – and the fair distribution of financial assets compromised.
Having an indisputable Will gives you the certainty that your wishes will be legally carried out. The passing of a treasured person in your life can be traumatic. Any confusion over what to do next is most unwelcome. Anyone with a legally binding will does not have to endure this uncertainty.
Moreover, having a Will can help reduce the amount of inheritance tax that may be payable of any assets and is especially important if you have children or other dependents that need supporting financially – or if you want to leave something to people or organisations outside your immediate family.
Grants of Representation
If you’ve been chosen as the executor of a will, you’ll need to obtain a Grant of Representation from the Probate Registry. This official document proves an individual’s authority to manage the assets of the deceased. This is an essential process as it clarifies that assets can be distributed amongst the beneficiaries.
There are different types of Grants of Representation. However, the three most common are:
- Grant of Probate – the circumstances whereby the deceased has left a valid will, appointing an executor (s) to administer their wishes
- Grant of Letters of Administration with Will Annexed – the circumstances whereby the deceased has a valid Will but neglected to appoint an executor / or an executor does not wish to fulfil their duties
- Grant of Letters of Administration – the circumstances whereby the deceased did not leave a valid will
If you are unsure of how to obtain a Grant of Representation or have doubts over the validity of a will, Versus Law solicitors in Manchester can help clarify this.
What Wills and Probate Services Can I Receive?
Our professional wills and probate solicitors in Manchester can you understand every aspect of your legal wills and probate obligations. Additionally, we can provide you with sound legal advice regarding all aspects of wills and probate.
Our expert services include the following:
- Drafting your Will to make sure that beneficiaries receive the assets in accordance with your wishes
- Reviewing the structure of the assets of your estate to make sure that unnecessary tax is avoided
- Setting up and administrating trusts to ensure that your assets are protected, and the future of beneficiaries is secured
- Planning with the succession of all commercial enterprises and interests
- Preparing Lasting Powers of Attorneys and appointing a person to succeed you, should you lose the capacity to execute a Will in the future
- Representing the interests of elderly or vulnerable clients, helping to manage the affairs on your behalf or the behalf of a family member
Why Choose Us?
Versus Law solicitors in Manchester offer cost-effective and efficient wills and probate service to clients in the region and throughout the UK. Our expertise is matched only by our commitment to providing clients with an honest and straightforward service.
We support you throughout every stage if the wills and probate process. From drawing a legally binding Will to the execution of the said will, we make sure that your wishes are fulfilled.
With comprehensive knowledge of inheritance tax and the obligations beneficiaries have, we can help make sure that the financial aspect of any Will is carefully managed to be as tax efficient as possible.
We can seek the advice of chartered accountants and financial planners to make sure that your interests are fully represented. Combining practical financial planning with legal requirements, we can help you to successfully plan your Will with optimal efficiency.
Interested in learning how we can help you to prepare and execute all Will and probate requirements? Get a FREE consultation with one of our solicitors in Manchester by contacting us today on 0845 555 0606 or email us at email@example.com. If you prefer, you can complete our contact form here.