Thomas Cook, the UKs oldest travel company, has collapsed creating unmitigated global turbulence. More than 150,000 UK holidaymakers have been left stranded, forcing the UK to launch the largest peacetime repatriation in its history. To say that the demise of Thomas Cook has been a disaster is an understatement. In the coming months and years,…
If you have suffered from sickness whilst abroad, which resulted in you suffering discomfort and suffering and you missed out on the enjoyment of your holiday, then you may be entitled to compensation against the tour operator as well as out of pocket expenses.
In order to make a claim for holiday sickness, you need to have booked a package holiday within the last 3 years.
Many holidaymakers have successfully claimed compensation against the tour operator after falling ill on holiday. The most common cases (though not all) are caused by bacteria and are the result of breaching the basic principles of food hygiene, such as:
- Not preparing and serving hot and cold food at the correct temperatures eg serving food meant to be hot only lukewarm, or cold food not being adequately chilled
- lnadequate storage of food
- Incorrect food handling
- Contaminated packaging coming into contact with food
- Inadequate cleaning of food preparation surfaces
- Poor hygiene of food catering staff and not wearing gloves
- Incorrect waste disposal
- Food being left out for long periods/not being kept properly covered
- Hotel restaurant and kitchen not being kept properly clean
- Cross contamination by insects / animals
You may have suffered from food poisoning from bacterial or viral infection, which resulted in an illness which affected your holiday.
You may have experienced diarrhea, stomach cramps, vomiting and other symptoms which resulted in your holiday being disrupted..
We are here to help and offer a no obligation free consultation to discuss your case.
We offer appointments by telephone at a time and day convenient to you and if you wish, you can see us at our office too but this is not compulsory as a telephone consultation is sufficient.
The claim will operate on a NO WIN NO FEE basis, meaning you will not have to pay any legal fees should your case be unsuccessful (subject to terms and conditions).
Get In Touch
Use the contact form and or call us on 0845 555 0606 and our award winning legal team will contact you to find out how Versus Law can help you.