Volkswagen Emissions Claim
Have you owned or leased a diesel Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda or Seat registered between 2008 and 2015?
If you did then you may be able to claim compensation from £5000 upto the entire value of your car.
The High Court has already ruled in favour of a class action when it was found that Volkswagen had installed a cheat device in their vehicles.
What is Volkswagen being accused of?
In 2015, The EPA uncovered many vehicles belonging to the VW group were emitting up to 40 times above of what is allowed under US and EU pollution standards. The Volkswagen group is being accused of actively deceiving it’s customers by installing “defeat devices” in diesel engines which could deceive emissions testing to improve results. The VW group has admitted to 11million vehicles worldwide being affected, those vehicles being VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat vehicles. The ensuing trials have resulted in VW paying out £26bn worldwide, completely reforming its management structure and a senior executive being jailed.
Similar actions against VW have spread to other countries, including the UK, to determine whether or not the “defeat device” software complied with EU Emissions regulations. There are approximately 1.2 million affected vehicles in the UK.
Is this real and why is it possible to claim?
The “defeat device” software being used on such a large scale within the VW organization is against not only the UK law but also the EU emission regulations.
Why should I claim?
- VW has paid out over $14billion in the US, VW has refused to take accountability in England and Wales, not voluntarily compensating affected customers
- VW’s actions has put thousands potentially at risk of diesel emission health related issues
- VW has not only harmed people with their actions, but the environment
- VW has falsely advertized and marketed the vehicles to perform to a standard which they don’t and meet emission regulations, which they don’t.
How much is my claim worth?
We aim to attain as much compensation for you as possible based on the value of the vehicle. Based on similar cases in the USA and in Germany the compensation could be up to £8,500.
Am I eligible?
If your car is a Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, or Skoda and is:
- A 1.2, 1.6, or 2.0 litre diesel vehicle;
- Manufactured from 2008 to 2015, and;
- You purchased, leased, or acquired it (new or second hand) before 1st of January 2016
You may be eligible to take legal action.
How do I know if my vehicle is affected?
VW, Audi, SEAT, and Skoda have websites that can verify whether a vehicle is fitted with the “defeat device” software or not by entering the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).