Medical practitioners, whether GPs or working in Walk-In Centres or in hospitals generally provide a good service and with their knowledge, training, ability and competence provide correct diagnoses of the illnesses and other ailments suffered by patients. However, medical practioners do occasionally make mistakes, an error of judgment or does not take proper care and this can lead to medical misdiagnosis, for example:
- Misinterpreting test results
- Failure to examine properly
- Failure to refer to an appropriate specialist
- Avoidable delays with diagnosing leading to delays in treatment and the worsening of medeical problems
- Missing a diagnosis and providing an all clear when there is an injury, disease or condition
- Diagnosing the wrong condition leading to wrong and harm or ineffective treatment
If you have suffered from due to a worsening of symptoms and unnecessary pain and suffering that could have been treated if they had been spotted earlier you may be able to take legal action for compensation.
Legal actions for compensation for medical misdiagnosis are difficult and expert advice and expert evidence are needed to work out whether you have a claim. Our specialist medical misdiagnosis solicitors will be able to advise you and we will act for your on a NO WIN NO FEE basis meaning that you will not have to pay any legal fees should your case be unsuccessful. Request a Free Consultation today.