Uzma has now been with Versus Law for 10 years. Within this time, she has gained a vast amount of experience and expertise in relation to legal costs. Her work consists primarily within the Personal Injury department and includes the following:
- Claims within the MOJ Process.
- Infant and Stage 3 Settlements.
- Claims that fall under the new One-Way Qualified Costs regime.
- Drafting standard and detailed bills.
- Negotiating and dealing with the recovery of costs settlements.
- Issuing Part 8 claims for costs-only disputes.
- Preparation of points of dispute and replies.
- Advising the Versus Law Personal Injury internal department of strategic approaches regarding costs.